Quinceanera Cake Ideas For The Sweet Young Lady
The best idea: make it big enough to feed everyone!
A Quinceanera is a huge event in a young lady's life. It's practically the equivalent of a wedding for teens, minus only the groom. All the details are appropriately attended to and can take a whole year to plan, and some families will even tell you that they had been planning it for longer.
From candles to flower arrangements, party favors to music choices, this is a celebration that requires precision organization to ensure that the day is a success and Hispanic families enjoy using the party to honor their guests as much as their daughter who is turning fifteen. For this reason, it's important to get everything right. Quinceanera cake ideas come in very handy when trying to develop concepts that all tie in with each other, including the color scheme and the decoration ideas for the reception.
Quinceanera cake ideas can be as original as the young lady herself. She will enjoy coming together with her cousins, siblings and older relatives to discuss the finer details and design. It can be an elaborate concoction of layers of chocolate cake and ganache, laced with liqueur and cherries or a simple sponge covered in frosting and fresh strawberries.
Try these Quinceanera cake ideas for your big day:
- A Cinderella theme with a pink cake festooned with fresh white lillies and a glass slipper decoration atop the frosting.
- A vanilla, princess-themed cake with sugar roses cascading from each tier and with a miniature tiara as the centrepiece.
- A heavenly theme with golden colored sugar moon and stars emerging from a rich, chocolate mud cake.
- How about revisiting ancient Mexican history and decorating the cake with little baskets, miniature fruits and vegetables, all fashioned from sugar or marzipan?
- If the young lady is a musician, a cake with a musical theme would be a sweet idea. Treble clefs piped onto the icing and a glass sculpture of a piano or other instrument arranged around or on the cake, would complete the picture.
If the cake is a gift from a relative who is known for her baking expertise, it's necessary to discuss the color of the dress and any other important details so that everything ties in with the theme. It's also a lovely idea to arrange for the table upon which the cake sits to be decorated accordingly. The right kind of floral arrangement frames a multi-tiered cake beautifully and will look gorgeous during photo opportunities.
Specialist cake decorating stores offer a range of Quinceanera cake ideas to choose from but they are always open to suggestions from customers. In fact, they often enjoy consulting with clients to create something new and original. Word of mouth will generate further business, so cake store owners do their best with Quinceanera cakes, as with wedding and baptismal cakes. Such celebrations require creations of generous proportions which is definitely good for business!